Concrete finishing is an excellent way of giving the concrete a smoother and better look by removing small imperfections and sealing the surface slab. There exist several concrete resurfacing options depending on one’s tastes, preferences, and budget. Hayward Concrete and Masonry specialize in almost every finishing service that you may need for your concrete surfaces.
Talk to Hayward Concrete and Masonry today for all Hayward concrete finishing needs. Dial our main phone line (510) 907-7057 for a free consultation and quote or leave us an inquiry message on the quote form on this page.
About Hayward Concrete and Masonry
Hayward Concrete and Masonry is a team of expert contractors with specialties in everything concrete and masonry. In other words, we are a concrete and masonry company with the right personnel, skills, and experience to construct different concrete and masonry structures. We have served the entire Hayward region and the neighboring cities for years now and can attest that we are the go-to and most sought-after contractor for the installation, repairs, and finishing of:
- Walkways, pathways, steps
- Retaining walls
- Outdoor kitchen features such as firepits and countertops
- Water fountains and other hardscape features
Concrete finishing is the process of sealing off imperfections on concrete structures and creating a smoother surface. Finishing can also be done on concrete in its green form to mold it into any shape and size before its dries up. The following are some of the most common concrete finishes:
- Trowel Finish: This is the most common and popular concrete finish. It is required after the concrete has been poured and leveled in the formwork and then a trowel is used to smoothen and fine-level the surface.
- Stamped Concrete Finish: Stamped concrete finish is attained by pressing the required patterns on a freshly leveled concrete. The results, in this case, imitate stones such as brick, flagstone, slate, and tiles.
- Broom Finish: A broom concrete finish is a rough textured finish obtained by dragging a broom on an untrowelled surface while the concrete has just been poured and is still fresh.
- Salt Finish: Salt finish is also used on concrete surfaces by inserting coarse rock salt crystals onto a surface using rollers on freshly poured and leveled concrete. The salt is then washed off using streams of water before the concrete can settle.
- Swirl Finish: This is an exceptional method and is generated by smearing a concrete surface in uniformly overlapping circular patterns.
- Colored finish: Colored finishing of concrete is done through mix-added pigments or post-cure staining to achieve pleasing appearances that can match the surrounding environment.
- Exposed Aggregate Finish: This is attained by leveling a concrete floor surface and distributing aggregates evenly.
- Polished finish: Attaining a polished finish is achieved by way of a mechanical process of grinding and polishing using a penetrant chemical to achieve a different texture.
- The other finishes include color chips, dyed, engraved, etched, and flashed finish.
Talk to us today and let our experts show you what they can do with your concrete. Hire our concrete finishing and resurfacing services and get a better and newer-looking surfacing. At Hayward Concrete and Masonry, we promise and deliver, and your case will not be different.
To speak to us, book our services, or request our free quote, call (510) 907-7057. Leave us a message on the contact form on this page, too, and we shall get back to you soon.